The professional division of Manassas Ballet Academy is for those students who desire training in preparation for either a college major in dance and/or a professional dance career. Placement within the Professional Division is by invitation only from the Academy Director.
Any student interested in the Professional Division should contact the office.
Professional division students are eligible to participate in Corps de Ballet roles in MBT productions, for membership in the Manassas Youth Ballet, and are entitled to compete in the Youth America Grand Prix Competition.
Maintaining status in the Professional Division is contingent on continuing the highest levels of behavior and performance as well as the standards detailed in the contract. Failure to uphold these expectations will result in dismissal from the Professional Division.
All Professional Division students must abide by the following policies:
1. Enrollment in a minimum number of ballet classes per week as described:
Ballet Levels I & II: Three
Ballet Levels III & IV: Four
Ballet Levels V & Up: Five
(These are only the minimum required, more are offered.)
2. attend at least two Pointe classes per week
3. attend one class per week of the following:
Stretch & Strength
Modern, Lyrical, or Jazz
4. maintain perfect attendance in all classes throughout the year with the exceptions of illness, injury, or extenuating circumstances
5. sign in and out of all required classes
6. maintain body in ballet performance condition to the satisfaction of the Artistic Director
7. always have a positive and professional attitude towards Manassas Ballet Academy, the director, the instructors and fellow students
8. maintain a level of behavior consistent with the expectations and standards of MBT/MBA as set forth by the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director and the Executive Director
Students in the professional division will be assessed by the instructors throughout the year as needed. Assessment will culminate in a final exam class in June.